World is changing rapidly and so we are. In this fast-changing world, our body is really changing because of the food we eat. Majorly our body is getting affected by our lifestyle.
According to one statistic in Australia there are 147,678 deaths in 2013. In which lifestyle disease plays a major part. The lifestyle diseases include smoking tobacco, alcohol use and other drugs, violence and unhealthy weight affected the death rate.
The UN agency says in the World Health Statistics 2012 report that of the estimated 57 million global deaths in 2008, 36 million (63 percent) were due to NCDs(Non-Communicable disease). The report has it that around 80 per cent of all NCD deaths (29 million) occurred in low- and middle-income countries, including Tanzania.
According to one article in telegraph, Unhealthy lifestyle can knock 23 years off lifespan.
According to the latest World Health Organisation report, lifestyle diseases like diabetes, cardiovascular diseases, cancer, chronic respiratory diseases and mental disorders as well as obesity account for almost two-thirds of deaths worldwide. The report also says that 80% of all of these deaths occurred in low- and middle-income countries, including Tanzania. It is very important to improve your lifestyle otherwise you have to face severe health issues. Let see which body organs are mainly affected by these non-communicable diseases.
The heart is one of the most important parts of our body because it controls blood flow. A small impact on heart valves causes High and low blood pressure. As many of you know even people are under 40 getting heart attacks due to their poor lifestyle habits. In Tanzania alone, 11,031 deaths happened due to CORONARY HEART DISEASE in 2014, which is 3.08% of total deaths.
14,582 deaths happen due to strokes which are 4.08% of the total death in Tanzania
Things which affects the heart:
- Fast food / High cholesterol food
- Lack of Exercise
- Body weight
Keeping a healthy heart is very important. Following are some of the tips which can help you prevent heart disease caused due to incorrect lifestyle habits.
- Get active and manage your weight
- Include fiber-rich food like oats, wholegrain cereals, vegetables and lots of fruits in your diet
- Lower your saturated fats and salt intake
- Drink less alcohol and stop smoking.
Disease related to lungs increased due to smoking habits.
Lungs are the most important part of the body because here oxygen breaks and get mix with blood. Hence it is important that the quality of air that we breathe in is pure and free from harmful chemicals.
Tips for keeping your lung healthy
- Quit Smoking
- Avoid Secondhand smoke
- Limit your exposure to pollutants
- Improve Indoor Air
- Do breathing exercise daily
- Commit yourself to Yoga
The liver is an essential body organ that has many functions like making of protein and blood clotting factors.It also produces bile, Bile is very important because it helps for digestion and absorption of fats and fat-soluble vitamins in the small intestine
Things to know about liver
- The liver is on the right-hand side of the belly
- The liver is the body’s largest internal organ.
- In fat metabolism, the liver cells break down fats and produce energy
- It cleans your blood
- It helps in blood clot
- Making glucose, a sugar that your body can use for a quick burst of energy.
Tips to keep your Liver healthy:
- Regulate your alcohol consumption as it damages liver cells and leads to the swelling or scarring resulting in cirrhosis
- Eat healthy food filled with fiber and proteins in a decent amount
- Get regular exercise
- Watch out for medicines like acetaminophen (Tylenol) which are found in cold medicines and prescription painkillers.
Every mechanism needs a function where the waste product can get out. Because if you did not remove waste product the mechanism gets toxic. Yes, that process kidney did for us. Kidney removes toxic fluids from the urine.
So this is obvious that without kidney life is not possible.
Tips to keep healthy kidney
- Keep your blood pressure and diabetes control
- Quit Smoking
- Drink enough water
- Eat kidney supportive foods
- Lower your phosphorus intake
Regency MedicalCentre provides medical services for kidney disease treatment.
Well, now you know every part of the body has equal importance. Neglecting one part make give you serious trouble. In your daily routine give some time to exercise because “All the money in the world can’t buy you back good health.”